Your privacy is important for Carla. Carla cares about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with how we collect and use information.
What personal information do we collect about you?
Personal information which you provide to us, or which is provided to us by third parties
The following personal information about you is provided to us either by you, or by third parties:
- Information that you have provided to us or one of our third-party suppliers, such as your name, email address, telephone number, age, payment information, credit card number, expiration date, authentication code, and similar information. This includes credit card information you provide when provide an image of your credit card to us using a mobile phone.
- When you use our services, we may collect and store general location information (such as IP address). If you permit the Services to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system or browser, we may also collect and store the precise location of your device when the Carla app is running in the foreground or background of your device. This information may be used to help you search cars near you, to provide more accurate location of your rental car, to provide recommendations to you, and to enhance your user experience and improve the services. You can choose whether to enable the location tracking feature through the settings on your device or when prompted by the Carla mobile app. If you choose to disable the location feature, the Carla app will not receive precise location information from your device, which may compromise the accuracy of your rental car location in some situations.
- Information you provide to us when you communicate with us as part of the Services, for example when you email us, or whenever you use the chat feature on our website.
- Information about you that you have made publicly available and which we use as part of the Services.
- Information about your location. We use this information to provide our Services to you, to improve our Services, and to send you information about products and services you may be interested in.
You can decide not to provide certain personal information. However, if you choose not to provide it, you may not be able to use our Services.
When you use our Services, some information is also automatically collected, such as:
- Information about how you use our app (for example, how long you spend using it, how often, and when you last used it).
- Information about your location.
- We may collect certain technical and device-specific information, such as your IP address, your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including your phone number.
Our purpose in collecting personal information is to complete your rental car booking and forward required details to only the rental car provider.
In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant booking details to the rental car provider you have booked with. This may include information such as your name, age and payment information.
We may share your personal information with government bodies or authorities if we are asked and required by law to do so.
You have rights to access/update/delete your data at any point of time. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be provided with the simple steps you can take to view, update and delete your data.
We use industry standard security measures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give to us.
What is our legal basis for using your presonal information?
If you are accessing our Services in Europe, then we are required to ensure that we only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. processing payments for and providing our Services).
- It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information in connection with our Services; to improve our Services; to ensure that our Services are secure; to, tell you about changes to our Services; to tell you about new services or products we are offering; for business reasons (for example to develop our business or if we are thinking of selling our business); to tell you about offers or promotions we are running; for operational purposes.
- Sometimes we may ask for your consent to use certain types of personal information (e.g. by asking you to tick an online box). In these circumstances, your consent will be our legal basis for processing your personal information. If you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You may do this where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details above.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil or achieve the above mentioned purposes. Alternatively, we may continue to use your personal information in anonymised form.
- We may retain personal information about how you have used our Services in anonymised or aggregated form after you have completed your reservation with us so we can analyse how you have used our Services and improve users’ experience.
- We may also retain your personal information after your reservation ends so that we can send you information about products and services we think you may be interested in. You can “unsubscribe” to receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested.
- We may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third party, or to comply with the law.
Your credit card is processed on PCI compliant servers. PCI security standards set the technical and operational requirements for software developers accepting or processing payment transactions. PCI Council was founded in 2006 by American Express, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard and Visa Inc. You can get more information on PCI security on their website.
Carla welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.