Car Rental Shortage and How to Avoid It?
Pace of COVID-19 vaccinations accelerated and seems like this holiday season will be busier than ever. With the summer approaching, finding a ride for your holiday might be a hassle.
Travel industry has resumed faster than many rental agencies expected and left them short on inventory in popular locations. Every year the rental car industry starts getting busy during the spring break, but nobody was expecting this much demand. The car rental industry simply doesn’t have the supply to meet the demand.
This much increase in demand caused prices to rise almost 300% in some locations. The shortage in rental cars is expected to continue, we suggest you to compare prices carefully and make a good strategy for your vacation rental. Especially for the popular locations like Hawaii, Miami, Los Angeles!
Experts in the car rental industry suggest travelers who are thinking about traveling on upcoming days to book their rental car as early as possible.
Here are a few tips for your upcoming trips!
- You can extend your rental dates a couple of days more to find available cars.
- You can search for the closest airport location to your destination. Airport locations have more supply than city locations.
- Don’t forget that most of the car rental companies are closed on weekends, you may want to set your pick-up date on Friday and drop off date on Monday.
- Booking in advance is key.
- Use comparison sites like Carla. By comparing you will see the best price among the available rental cars.