How to find a car rental near me and get the best deal
Guest Author: Stacey Gusar
When you google for “car rental near me”, Google will list you the nearest car rental companies pinned on the map.
- You can go one of the nearby car rental companies and rent a car. Yet walk in rates will not be low. You always book at a higher rate if you go directly to the counter. Plus, it will be hard to compare car segments.
- You can check the online prices of the nearby car rental company. You will get a better price compared to counter rates still it will not be good enough.
- You can download a car rental comparison app to compare all deals. You will get a great deal as you will have a chance to compare all prices at a glance.
- You can go to car rental company after completing your booking to pickup your car.
- A far away car rental branch may offer a promo rate for the car you are looking for. It may be worthwhile to go that company if the transportation cost is lower than the difference. In US cities, most of the time airport locations offer better rates. In Europe, city locations offer better rates yet their fleet is limited.
- Enterprise car rental has a branch nearly at all locations in US. It is very likely that you will find an Enterprise branch near you. In Europe, Europcar has many city locations.
- You can drop off the car at a different location. If you rented a car nearby your hotel for instance, you can drop off at the airport. In some cases there will be an one way fee yet it will be more convenient.